All Welded Vinyl Windows (4000 Series)
The all-welded 4000 series are our performance-grade windows that offer great energy advantages and structural integrity with an upscale architectural appearance. This has a welded sash and welded frame, giving it a high level of durability that will last for years. The 4000 series architectural look and durability will enhance a residential project’s aesthetic for years to come. From its sturdy construction to its energy-saving performance, the 4000 series is a true workhorse of a residential vinyl window and is perfect for homeowners seeking to upgrade their property. The 4000 series meets both housing authority regulations and Energy Star requirements. This welded vinyl windows series includes Double Hung, Picture, 2 Lite Slider, and 3 Lite Slider window types.
- Constructed with fusion-welded sash and fusion-welded frame. This provides greater levels of structural stability and enhances the window’s overall lifetime.
- The standard window frame depth is 3-¼” and we use a ⅞” Insulated glass unit (IGU).
- Made with 100% virgin vinyl, which provides better structural integrity and color retention than using recycled vinyl.
- Double strength glass is used for all standard sizes for increased durability and energy performance.
- Designed with a beveled face and frame, these windows will give your home an attractive curbside appeal.
- We use a heavy-duty integral lift and pull rail which provides even more structural integrity to the sash.
- Contains a multi-chambered frame that not only adds to the durability of the window but also enhances energy performance.
- Designed with true sloped sills that force any rainfall to drain outwards and keep your home protected from the elements. These sills also give the advantage of having a larger daylight opening.
- A double weather-stripped system is integrated into the design providing a weather-tight performance.
- Auto-locking fiberglass or aluminum screens are available and made with a sturdy aluminum frame. Double-hung and slider windows come standard with half screens, though full screens are available upon request.
- The double-hung and slider models have interlocking sashes to guarantee a tight seal every time you lock your windows. Dual locks also come standard on all Double hung over 27” wide and sliders over 27″ high to ensure a secure seal.
Double Hung (4100)
The Double Hung (DH) Tilt is the go to traditional window that is a staple for any home. At Diamond, we made it even easier for homeowners to clean their windows from the inside with our recessed tilt latches in both of the sashes. This means that both of the sashes can tilt inwards to allow for easy cleaning and maintenance. Also, all double-hung windows come standard with ventilation limit latches, which help prevent unwanted operation by children and help stop unwanted intrusions.
Picture Window (4200)
A picture window (PW) is essentially a dead-lite with a frame. It is the perfect window for homeowners looking to add natural light to any living space because of its big daylight opening while adding an upscale architectural appearance. These can be combined in a series of fixed and operable windows (Mulled Units) to enhance your house’s aesthetic appeal.
Two Lite Slider (4300-2)
A Two Lite Slider (2SL) is two operable sashes that slide side to side. Diamond’s slider windows are your go-to windows for large wide openings or can be made smaller to accommodate basement windows. They offer an unobstructed view and slide with ease. Whether you’re looking for a slider for your basement or your living space, or kitchen, we have what you need.
Three Lite Slider (4300-3)
If the two lite slider is not big enough, that’s no problem as we offer a three lite slider (3SL) which can fill in a very wide opening or help to replace several windows at once depending on your project. The three lite slider includes two operable sashes that slide side to side with a fixed sash in between. This is available in equal sashes or ¼ operable sashes with a ½ fixed sash.
Grids can help add that extra aesthetic that you’ve been looking for. We currently have either Flat or Contoured profiles. Grid configurations are available in equal square, diamond, or prairie patterns. Available in 2,4,6,8,9,12, or 16 lites. For custom grids, such as sunburst or curved shapes, please contact our residential sales department. Grid types include between the glass (GBG) or simulated divided lites (SDL). GBG offers a smooth surface that is easy to clean, while SDL offers a more traditional look with exterior grids and grids between the glass.
The thermal performance of residential vinyl windows is improved by replacing the air between the panes of a window with either Argon or Krypton gas. This helps prevent heat loss and improves the window’s overall energy efficiency. What’s the difference between Argon and Krypton? Both gases are inert and slow-moving, which helps protect your home from energy loss; however, as Krypton is denser than Argon, this further enhances its energy efficiency.
Double pane insulated glass units (IGU) is the standard option for most residential vinyl windows, however a triple pane IGU is also available for all window types and provides improved insulation and further reduces ambient noises from outside your home. Standard glass options include annealed clear, low E (soft coating on surface 2), and double low E (soft coat on surface 2 & Pilkington energy advantage hard coat low E on surface 4). Specialty glass options such as tinted, obscured, spandrel, and tempered glass are available as well. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Please give our residential sales
Fiberglass mesh screens comes standard with all our windows; however, aluminum or stainless steel is available if you require a stronger material for your screen. Available in half or full screen for all residential vinyl double hung or sliding windows.
If these are not enough, we do offer a more robust security screen that will keep out any unwanted intruders. This is a wire mesh weave using .028 gauge stainless steel.
Accessories and Hardware
Nailing Finish only, Nailing Finish with J Channel, and window mullions are available options for all windows. Head expander and sill angle come standard with all mulled units but can also be offered as accessories on all residential vinyl windows. Wood extension jambs are also available in 4-9/16” and 6-9/16”. Other accessories and options are available upon request for special applications; please contact our residential sales team for further details.
Our welded vinyl windows are also available in custom residential window configurations and 100% made to order. We offer far greater advantages than other vendors who only produce stock windows. If you would like to learn more, please contact a member of our team today.